Heavy Duty High Load Truss Boots
Steel girder brackets for connecting girder trusses to the bottom chord of primary girder trusses
These steel girder brackets are available in various configurations.
Heavy Load Truss Boot to assist in the tie down of trusses in high wind uplift areas.
The extra clip dramatically improves the tie down value.
- Place the Heavy Duty High Load Truss Boot in the correct position and drill holes into the bottom chord of the girder truss to suit M16 Multinail Hex Head bolts.
- Align the bolt holes of the Heavy Duty High Load Truss Boot to the bolt holes in the girder truss and install the M16 Multinail Hex Head bolts with the correct size washers.
- Place the supported truss on the bracket and drill holes into the supported truss to suit M16 Multinail Hex Head bolts.
- Align the bolt holes of the Heavy Duty High Load Truss Boot to the bolt holes in the supported truss and install the M16 Multinail Hex Head bolts with the correct size washers.
- Drill the hole into the supported truss to suit the recommended bolt size. This hole must align with the bolt hole provided in the truss boot.
- Neatly insert the timber wedge between the clip and the truss heel to ensure full bearing.
- Place the clip over the supported truss and bolt into position.
- Tighten all bolts before loading with roof materials
- Bracket may sit below truss bottom chord. Alternatively, the supported truss bottom chord may be rebated by 4mm for a length of 96mm.
- For a better fit, truss can be designed with a 4mm cutoff.
- Minimum girder bottom chord size is 130mm.
- Temporary bracing is required during installation.
- Minimum end distance for bolts is five (5) times the bolt diameter.
- For primary structural elements in buildings other than houses, multiply the following values by 0.87
- Bolts and washers to be installed as per AS1720.1-2010.
- For windloads K1=1.14
- Timber wedge to be minimum same grade as top chord of carried truss.
LIMIT STATE DESIGN LOADS
|Girder or Std Truss Thickness||JOINT GROUP|
|Note: The joint group and thickness of the girder bottom chord must be checked against all load combinations. All load capacities are in kN|
DESCRIPTION AND PACKAGING
Manufactured from 4.0mm Steel
|Description||Product Code||Reference Code||Quantity||Kg.|
|38mm TWO ARM and CLIP||TA411||HDHLTB038||1||6.12|
|78mm TWO ARM and CLIP||TA415||HDHLTB076||1||6.29|
|50mm TWO ARM and CLIP||TA417||HDHLTB050||1||6.17|
|100mm TWO ARM and CLIP||TA421||HDHLTB100||1||6.38|
|115mm TWO ARM and CLIP||TA431||HDHLTB115||1||6.44|
|150mm TWO ARM and CLIP||TA432||HDHLTB150||1||6.58|
|M12 x 65mm Bolt (TA091), M12 x 100mm Bolt (TA09),|
|M16 x 65mm Bolt (TA114), M16 x 100mm Bolt (TA115), M16 x 150mm Bolt (TA089)|